Happy Thanksgiving week! Or in my house, “see how much stuff goes on sale!” week. I don’t actually leave my house on Black Friday, I just shop online. I also do a LOT of shopping this week, as sales start early. 🙂
Here’s the deal with Thanksgiving: I host it at my house. That’s my entire family and some of Ian’s, converging on my house to eat. Here are my tips to not going insane:
- Farm out 85% of the food. That means everyone gets to bring something. I will still cook mashed potatoes and a “backup turkey” but there’s less pressure. I don’t do pies, sides, etc. Keeping a house clean and company ready with two labs and a 14 month old is hard enough. Martha Stewart, I am NOT.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Don’t have a turkey roasting rack? Use an upside down cupcake tin! Haha, I’m not even joking. There’s proof on my Instagram from last Thanksgiving. Don’t have what you need? Roll with it. Hence the “backup turkey.” If either my mom or I have a turkey emergency, there is a backup. (She wanted a backup, BACKUP turkey breast and I told her to calm down and let it go. That’s just insanity.)
- Eat at a normal time. I’m all for Thanksgiving lunch, but those turkey cooking people (and some pie people) have to get up at the crack of dawn. Guys, I am NOT a morning person. It’s my house, so we eat at 5pm.
- Weigh the pros and cons. Is it easy to host that many people at my house, or is it easier to deal with the baby’s sleep schedule/babyproofing someone else’s house? The kid is into EVERYTHING, so it’s less stressful for me to host than for me to deal with him at someone else’s.
- Be comfortable. We dress up in my family for Easter and Christmas Eve. Otherwise we rock what I would akin to “business casual.” Not super casual, but not dressed up. That brings me to my outfit today.
Photos: Jacque, Inc.
Sweater: Lola Jeannine
T-Shirt: Lou & Grey
Jeans: Banana Republic (similar)
Boots: Sole Society
Necklace: Lizzie Scheck
Temps are still in the 50’s and 60’s here this week, but we keep the house fairly comfortable with the baby (toddler?) now, so anything but a light sweater would be too hot. LOVE this one from Lola Jeannine. And the boots, you guys know I love these boots I just got. 🙂
This week I’m co-hosting the Start the Week Stylish Link Up with Michelle from Michelle’s Pa(i)ge and Ana Luiza from Northwest Blonde.
The favorites from last week are Megan from Diary of This Girl and Jalynn of Red Closet Diary. How cute are they?!With the start of a new week comes a new link up! We hope you start each week off in style & link up your favorite themed look with us. This week’s theme is THANKSGIVING DINNER LOOKS. We want to see your best look! Be sure to come back each week for a fun new theme to link up! Next week’s theme will be LEATHER.
1. Follow your hosts so that you never miss a link up:
Michelle from Michelle’s Pa(i)ge on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
Ana Luiza from Northwest Blonde on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
CO HOST: Adriele from Style Assisted on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
2. Link up to a specific post that fits into the weekly theme. Be sure to link back to the link up on your own blog.
3. Visit some new blogs or some old familiars, say hello, & gain lots of style inspiration for the upcoming week!