In lieu of a Friday Favorites post, I thought I’d share some beauty tips I’ve learned since I’ve gotten older. (I knew them before but I swear by them now.)
- Wash your face before you go to sleep. Every night, no exceptions. Want to look younger? Take care of the skin you have. Sleeping in makeup ages your skin which doesn’t really resonate in your 20’s. It TOTALLY resonates in your 30’s- trust me.
- Drink more water. Yeah, I know, but seriously, it’s SO GOOD for your body and it’s FREE!!!!!
- Also free? Sleep. Go to bed 10 min earlier. Sleep is the best thing you can do for your body to help it recover from the day properly.
- Wear allllllllll the sunscreen. Even on your hands. Have you looked at an older woman’s hands that didn’t wear sunscreen? You can’t get that time back. SUNSCREEN!!!!!
- Indulge in a beauty treatment now and then. I don’t mean going to the spa either. Throw on a $2 mask and drink some tea and relax. Heck, smear some avocado or honey on your face and read some magazines for a few minutes. The act of treating yourself doesn’t have to cost much or take up a lot of time. Carve out 5 minutes to do this for yourself every so often. Take some deep breaths. Enjoy your moment and just relax. You deserve a bit of luxury- even if that luxury is 5 uninterrupted minutes of quiet.
I’m sure there’s more, but I wanted to drop by, say happy birthday and now I’m going to go drink this coffee and green juice and read my magazines in bed in my pajamas. Oh! And shop the Sephora sale that started today. I created this post on Wednesday with my favorites listed and linked!