It’s August already and this summer has FLOWN by! Alexander is going to preschool three days a week this fall and he is SO excited. While I’m excited for him, I can’t help the feeling that he’s growing up too fast. (Obviously, he’s growing up at a normal pace, but it feels like it’s warp speed.)
Instead of focusing on the back to school countdown, I’m choosing to embrace these days and squeeze in as much summer quality time with my little guy as I can. Here are the 10 things I want to do with him before school begins!
- Go to the children’s gardens at the local botanical gardens.
- Go to a splash pad with friends.
- Create a sidewalk chalk race course on our driveway.
- Make a shaving cream car wash.
- Take him (as a family) to a big pool.
- Make super bubbles
- Go to our kid’s museum
- Attend a storytime at a local children’s bookstore
- Go to the zoo
- Go fruit picking at an orchard
I need to get started on this list today! What favorite activity did you do as a kid during the summers?